E1 National Parks and Nature Reserves Zone
Table of Contents
The E1 National Parks and Nature Reserves is a zone which applies to land reserved under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974, including National Parks, reserves and conservation areas.
Hilltops 2040 Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS) and E1 National Parks and Nature Reserves
Hilltops 2040 LSPS identifies that conservation lands within Hilltops are scarce and their long term provision and capacity to sustain native species is critical. This includes the protection and enhancement of conservation corridors along waterways, ridgelines and road corridors.
Hilltops 2040 LSPS aims to provide a greater recognition and education in relation to E1 National Parks and Nature Reserves, and a better understanding of their capacity to provide further recreational and tourism opportunities. However, any further increase in access and activities within these areas will be subject to sustaining and protecting all natural and cultural values.
The objective of the E1 zone is to enable the management and appropriate use of land reserved as national park. The Standard Instrument LEP objectives below are proposed to be included unaltered in the Draft Hilltops LEP:
- To enable the management and appropriate use of land that is reserved under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974 or that is acquired under Part 11 of that Act.
- To enable uses authorised under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974.
- To identify land that is to be reserved under the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974 and to protect the environmental significance of that land.
Development in E1 Zone
Only development and uses that are outlined in the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974, the Fisheries Management Act 1994 and the Fisheries Act 1935 can be carried out without consent in Zone E1.
You can find more information about the E1 Zone and other land use zones in Attachment C – Planning Proposal – Hilltops LEP Zone Objectives and Tables
Proposed Changes in Draft Hilltops LEP
National Parks are required to be zoned E1 National Parks and Nature Reserves and therefore a few administrative amendments are proposed in the Draft Hilltops LEP.
- Young National Park – from RU3 Forestry Zone
- Bendick Murrell National Park – from RU3 Forestry Zone
- Illunie National Park – from RU1 Primary Production Zone
- Dananbilla National Park – from RU1 Primary Production and E3 Environmental Management
To find where the E1 Zone is located, view and search using the Online Map Viewer.