Hilltops Council continues to work closely with landowners, the community and Heritage NSW in the conservation and management of heritage items across Hilltops.
To assist with this conservation and management, Council completed the Hilltops Heritage Review Study 2019. This study investigated local heritage items across the Council area. Click on the link to review the study: Hilltops Heritage Review Study 2019.
The outcomes from this study are now being used to inform the development of the Hilltops LEP. This includes the consistent listing of Heritage items across Hilltops with the inclusion of listed heritage items within the former Boorowa Shire area for the first time.
The Hilltops Heritage Review Study 2019 lists 298 individual heritage items for inclusion within the Draft Hilltops LEP and can be found within Schedule 5 of the document. The list can be found and downloaded from: Schedule 5 Environmental Heritage – Draft Hilltops LEP.
Most of the new items included are the 112 items proposed for inclusion and located within the former Boorowa Shire area. Schedule 5 of the Draft Hilltops LEP also proposes six Heritage Conservation Areas (HCAs) in Boorowa, Galong, Harden, Murrumburrah, and Young.
Further information about HCAs can be found in the link: https://lep.hilltops.nsw.gov.au/heritage/
Heritage NSW provides an answer to more commonly asked questions about Heritage listing. You can access it here:
- Heritage NSW – Heritage listing explained – https://www.heritage.nsw.gov.au/about-our-heritage/heritage-listing-explained/
- Heritage NSW – Benefits of Heritage Listing- https://www.heritage.nsw.gov.au/protecting-our-heritage/managing-a-heritage-listed-item/benefits-of-listing/
- Heritage NSW – Grants – https://www.heritage.nsw.gov.au/grants/
In NSW legal protection for heritage items comes from:
- Heritage Act 1977. Click on the link for further information – https://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/view/html/inforce/current/act-1977-136
- Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979. Click on the following link for further information – https://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/view/html/inforce/current/act-1979-203#statusinformation
For more information about heritage conservation in Hilltops, please click on the link – https://lep.hilltops.nsw.gov.au/heritage/
Council invites you to provide your feedback and submission on the Draft Hilltops LEP 2021 by Monday 26 April 2021.
You can provide a submission in writing in one of the following ways:
• Online – Via Feedback form on Councils Draft Hilltops LEP Consultation website: https://lep.hilltops.nsw.gov.au/
• Email – Subject title: Draft Hilltops Local Environmental
Plan 2021 – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post – to The General Manager, Hilltops Council, Locked Bag 5, YOUNG NSW 2594.
If you have any questions or require further information or clarification, please contact Council’s Strategic Planning Team on 1300 445 586, email email@example.com or make an appointment to speak with a Council Planner via https://lep.hilltops.nsw.gov.au/